10.13.2009

Pumpkin Bread

Last week I made pumpkin bread, in order to have a fall-themed snack around the house while my parents were in town.













I've made this bread maybe 8 or 10 times in the last year or so. It's so moist and delicious, and it makes 2 loaves, so I was able to give my parents some to take home.














75 minutes ended up being a little long for these, but in my gas oven in our old house, it was the perfect amount of time. Still, they weren't burned, and they slid right out of the pan.

Chocolate and pumpkin wasn't a combination I thought I'd like until I made this bread. It will change your life, just trust me.


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
from Food alla Puttanesca (originally from Cooking Light).

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla pudding (I used fat-free plain yogurt + 1 tsp of vanilla extract)
4 large egg whites (I used 2 eggs)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.

Yield: 32 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

Nutritional Information:
CALORIES 152(30% from fat); FAT 5g (sat 1.2g,mono 2.5g,poly 1.1g); PROTEIN 2g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 10mg; SODIUM 137mg; FIBER 1.1g; IRON 1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 26.5

No comments:

Post a Comment