10.19.2009

The Spohrs

This is a serious post, so buckle up.

My brother's best friend, Mike, and his wife, Heather, write a blog called The Spohrs are Multiplying. They wrote about their beautiful daughter, Maddie. They wrote about Maddie's triumphs over illness, her passing, last April, and their lives since. Admittedly, their blog is not always easy to read - it's a dose of reality that is, I'm sure, only an ounce of what their lives are like since she died. They also write about their current pregnancy with their second daughter, due this winter.

I've thought about telling you about Mike and Heather before, but today I had a real reason, and typically, I forgot about it until now. Their blog was nominated for Best Baby Journal Blog, and you can vote for them as many times as you want. Click here and scroll down!

The voting closes tonight, so if you're sitting at a computer right now (Monday night), then you are right on time - but if not, I'll try to be more punctual next time. Go on, vote for them! The winner gets $1,000, which Heather would donate to the non-for-profit that she and Mike established in Maddie's name, Friends of Maddie. Their organization supports families whose babies are sick in the NICU by giving them packs of stuff that Heather and Mike wish they'd had - and, sadly, this is a subject on which they are experts.

I hope to write more about Mike and Heather as more opportunities come up for me to tell you about ways to support them. But for now, vote! And check out their wonderful blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment