1.11.2010

Blue Jean Cupcakes

Enough with the non-food related posts. Onward to the cupcakes!



















Is that some blue batter, or is that some blue batter?




















I LOVE red velvet cake, so I was excited to try this recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcake book that I got for Christmas. Normally I'm not someone who is into all things Martha, but I borrowed this book from the Bloomington Library over the summer and was really impressed by it.



















As expected, Martha is very thorough in explaining how to make a zillion types of decorations and how to use 50 kinds of piping tips. The recipes in here seem pretty well tested, too. I've made this recipe as a two layer cake before and it worked perfectly. So hats off to Martha.


















The only glitch was that I didn't have any red food coloring. So we used the blue from the Martha Stewart Cake Decorating kit. They looked like a real denim-blue, hence the title of this post.

















They were so, so good. I wish I had time to make a batch right now and eat them all myself, but I won't, for several reasons.
We all know Martha has some savvy lawyers, so I'm not going to put the recipe directly in this post. However, a simple Google search led me directly to the same recipe on her website. Click here!


Stay tuned for more cupcakes and other recipes.

4 comments:

  1. The batter makes me think of the blue soup Bridget Jones made.

    They do look delicious, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i laughed out loud at work at the savvy lawyer comment. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean, she's a crafty lady, right? I don't make money off the blog, but I'd rather not get on Martha's bad side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any color of velvet cake kind of plays with my mind. I know it's chocolate cake, but I still can't figure out what the flavor is when I eat it - maybe because of the color, but maybe not?

    ReplyDelete