6.23.2010

Pizza Dough

Hello, blog. We've got some catching up to do.





















John and I have been hanging out in Fort Wayne, we took a kayak trip, we went out to Joe's farm (more on that later), and I went to a swank wedding in Baltimore. I'll cover all of that in the next few posts, plus share some recipes we're going to try this week. John and I are back in Canada for the rest of the summer, with one short trip to Bloomington and a trip to my cousin's wedding in Virginia in the works.





















But first, some very basic pizza dough.
We tried this recipe as a way to use up some ingredients my parents already had. The first batch was kind of a leap of faith, but it turned out really well. I'd recommend this recipe to anyone with a homemade dough phobia (like mine), as it was extremely easy and 100% better than the pop-out-of-the-can kind. I added parmesan and oregano to a couple of batches and both were great add-ins. We also made one with about 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 AP, which was also really good, if you're in a pinch. My dad actually preferred the wheat crust, since it was so unusual.


Pizza Dough
from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Directions

  1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.
  2. Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I have to ask, and I mean this with all the respect in the world, what the f is on that pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent question!

    Parmesan, mozzarella, feta, smoked sausage, a ton of mushrooms, basil leaves, and vodka sauce. I think the mushrooms are most visible.

    ReplyDelete