6.29.2010

Sweet Chili Lime Tofu with Collard Greens and Quinoa

John got an Apple gift card for his birthday and bought an iPod.

=>

John's iPod touch has a lot of free foodie apps, including one from Vegan Yum Yum.

=>

That is how we found this particular recipe.
That's the whole story. Thanks for coming!






















It definitely tasted better than it looked, but this dish didn't wow me the way I expected it to. I think part of the problem was that we pressed the tofu - usually a very good idea. In this case, the recipe kind of depends on the tofu having moisture left when you put it into a dry cast iron pan. It kind of stuck all over the pan, though in the end, it still tasted awesome.
My complaints are pretty petty in general here; the quinoa with lime zest tasted pretty great, and the collards complimented the whole thing really well. I guess I feel like it took kind of a while to prepare, when maybe similar vegan (and non-vegan) stuff I've made has been just as good and taken less time.

Still, I'm glad we made this. I feel like it includes a lot of different food groups and tastes pretty good. After typing that I feel like I was picky in the previous paragraph.










I didn't get a good shot before we tore into it, but I promise this tastes better than it looks.






Instead of posting the whole recipe, I'll just send you to the blog itself, so you can see her step-by-step pictures. I'd really recommend giving this recipe a try.

Sweet Chili Lime Tofu with Collard Greens and Quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment