9.08.2010

Banana Oat Muffins

Sometimes I get on a kick where I just want some baked goods around here, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?!

John just shrugs, which means, "go ahead and bake something then."



























Last week we had a banana that was going bad quickly, so I searched around for a recipe that was more like a muffin and less like a cupcake. These turned out really well, and I'll definitely make them the next time we have a banana to spare. I used half white, half whole wheat flour to bulk them up somewhat. I'm a big fan of muffins recipes that call for rolled oats, so this recipe meets all my requirements.


Banana Oat Muffins
from All Recipes.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup wheat flour
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or apple sauce)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas, I only used one the second time and it made 11 muffins instead of 12).
Instructions
  1. Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. A baked good is NEVER too much to ask.

    Good grief, I wish I lived closer to you so I could eat fresh breads and muffins and then make the appropriate "Mmmmmm..." noises, because I make a lot of them.

    In fact, I've been known to get a little inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum yum!!!

    i just finished a batch and they are so good! thanks abigail! :D

    ReplyDelete