11.10.2010

The View from Barry Place

Since the temperature finally dropped last week, I think most of the wasps that live on our balcony are dead.
I'd hoped to hang out there this summer and get some patio chairs. But the wasps won out, despite several visits from professional wasp killers.















Somehow I'm a little late with the leaf peeping photos this year. I took a few from our balcony in the morning a few weeks ago when there were still some pretty photos. It's kind of foresty out there.

















This ivy is pretty much the first thing I see every morning as it grows on our neighbors' house, right outside my window. By this week it was just a long, leafless vine.


















Above is a shot of our backyard. You can see all the yard paraphernalia that belongs to our downstairs neighbors: a camping trailer, two trampolines, and some picnic tables. Our backyard gets some beautiful morning light.

My officemate Matthew says November is his least favorite month, but I kind of like it. The leaves aren't as beautiful as they are in October, but you know, that means Christmas is on its way. I think he would like it more if Thanksgiving were in November, like God and Uncle Sam intended.

1 comment:

  1. "I think he would like it more if Thanksgiving were in November, like God and Uncle Sam intended."

    ahh, i love this!! it IS nice to have such a cheery holiday when it's getting dark and barren out.

    beautiful backyard. it must be stunning in the spring.

    ReplyDelete