7.07.2011

Summer Weddings

The initial purpose of our summer road trip (see the other three posts about it here, here, and here) was to attend two weddings - one in Nashville, one in Bloomington.

The first: John's friend Tanner from TTU and his wife, Sara.
























They got married at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville.






































Tanner's dad is a high school band teacher, but he also plays in a really great band, and they played the wedding. They were amazing! John and I danced until my feet couldn't take it any more.




































I wish we could have stayed later and hung out with Tanner and Sara some more, but it was really fun to see them get married!
If you'd like to see some of their beautiful pro wedding shots, click here for the photographer's blog. You know, if you live in Nashville and need a wedding photographer. Like you do.


Next: my former roommate at IU, Sarah Wangberg and Tim Climis, who got married in Bloomington in early July.

The day started with a trip to Upland with a few of my favorite IU people.
[I apologize for how blurry most of the pictures are from here on out.]



















Then we headed to the choich.
























Sarah looked beautiful in the dress her Mother. Hand. Made. Whew!
























Her dad is a Lutheran minister, so he and the local clergy each did parts of the service.







































Married!

























The reception was casual and held at a local park pavilion with lots of family.





















These aren't wedding-specific shots, just some pictures John took while we were at the reception.
































































































I'm so glad we were there to see Sarah and Tim get hitched and to have a little IU party with our friends. These were only 2 of the 5 (five!) weddings we were invited to this summer. Sadly we can only go to three total. I'm really excited to see my cousin Halley get married next in just a couple weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I love their pictures! Every time I see someone else's wedding pictures, I get that much more disappointed in mine, especially because this photographer was local.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, their pictures turned out pretty beautiful. I'm sorry that you didn't like yours, and I think I can tell what you mean. It will be interesting to see how my cousin's pictures are from the Chicago wedding this weekend.

    ReplyDelete