12.04.2013

GYM CHRISTMAS Day 3: I encounter Escher


Today I completed GYM CHRISTMAS Day 3: Sneak a Workout into another Activity. For me this meant taking the stairs at Talbot College. After a day of climbing up and down the four stories between John's office, my office, my classroom, a department luncheon, and the copy room, I felt like I'd spent the day in an Escher drawing. Day 3: CHECK!





Nevertheless, I came home and did a bonus workout, apart from Gym Christmas. I've been working on a variation of a yoga pose called "half moon." It's great for stretching out my back and hamstrings.  I can do it somewhat without falling over now, but the leg I'm holding is supposed to be more parallel with the floor, so there's still a long way to go. John was kind enough to take a picture. And in the process you can see how messy our bedroom is!









Here is my GYM CHRISTMAS list now: 

Go for a Pre- or Post-Dinner Walk.
Yuletide Cheer
Make a Game of Household Chores
Crank Up the Music and Boogie Down
Hazardous Waste Removal
Regular Water Consumption
Investigate and Share
Sneak a Work Out into Another Activity
Turn TV Commercials into Fitness Breaks
Muscle-Building/Strength Training
Animal Time
Seven-Minute Work-Out.


I have more plans for how to complete the list during the rest of this week and next. The holistic theme has made this year harder to complete in 12 straight days, as I have in years past. But I also like the variety. It's nice to have something else to think about besides chapters and grading and French history.

Are any of you participating in Gym Christmas this year? It's still not too late to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment