12.05.2013

GYM CHRISTMAS Day 4: Water, Water, Everywhere


Today was GYM CHRISTMAS Day 4: Regular Water Consumption. I decided to track my water consumption for the day and see how it went. Before tracking, I emailed a friend of mine who is a doctor and asked if the whole 64 oz a day thing is a good baseline, or how much it might vary person to person. He said to drink to thirst and, if I'm really curious, to use the color of my urine as a guide. SPOILER ALERT - I'd rather spare you from reading my own analysis of my own urine. Everyone's got to have a line, and mine is discussing my own urine on the internet. I've already said too much.

So here's what I drank today: 
1 cup of water from 5:20-5:40AM
1 cup of water during and immediately after swim practice, 6:05-7:40AM
1 large glass of water, probably about 10 oz
1 cup of chocolate milk after swim practice, because, don't worry about it, that's why. 
About 1 travel mug's worth of tea, half before lunch and half after (mug shown below)
Another large glass of water with dinner, probably about 10 oz
1 cup of water between dinner and bed

I took a picture of my view from the desk where I tend to work in John's office. You can see my Fort Wayne Magazine travel mug on the right of my lap top. I still have one of the Calming Manatee pictures as my desktop background. Other accoutrements include kleenex, lotion, a little dish of hard candies that belongs to John's real office mate, and my electric kettle. Exciting stuff. Bobo is laying down to the left of the desk, out of the picture.







What did I learn today? Well, I think I did a decent job of not getting completely dehydrated after swimming, something I often have trouble with. But then I didn't drink as much water as I meant to or needed to during the school day. It sounds so lazy, but once I've started working, I don't usually take the time to get up and refill the kettle. #whitegirlproblem. Or maybe, #gradstudentproblem.

I'd like to improve the amount of water that I drink. But I did ok. I think if I paid better attention to my thirst during the school day, I'd probably do fine. So here's to drinking adequate fluids!

DAY 4: CHECK.

Here is my GYM CHRISTMAS list now: 

Go for a Pre- or Post-Dinner Walk.
Yuletide Cheer
Make a Game of Household Chores
Crank Up the Music and Boogie Down
Hazardous Waste Removal
Regular Water Consumption
Investigate and Share
Sneak a Work Out into Another Activity
Turn TV Commercials into Fitness Breaks
Muscle-Building/Strength Training
Animal Time
Seven-Minute Work-Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment